Summary
In 1910 CE, the parish was established in this area. Its first parish priest was Rev. Fr. Prince, S.J. In 1923 CE, Rev. Fr. Raja Adhisayam, S.J., laid the foundation stone for the church. Later, in 1932 CE, Rev. Fr. C. Mondat, S.J., completed the construction of the church.
Rev. Fr. D. Curieu, S.J., built the church’s upper tower. Rev. Fr. Peter Roy improved the clergy hall and the school building. Rev. Fathers Arul Ryan, P. Pinto, and Francis Xavier worked to elevate the spiritual life of the parish community.
Rev. Fr. Alexis, who served in this parish for about 18 years, constructed a two-storey building for the parish school, established the artificial grotto shrine of St. Fatima, and undertook the expansion of the church.
During the tenure of Rev. Fr. Lourdes Ubagaram, the church celebrated its Golden Jubilee. He renovated the church and the parish office, built a pathway between the office and the main road, constructed a compound wall, and built churches at Thodaneri and Keelamathur.
At present, the parish consists of 510 families. The sub-stations of this parish are located at Chozhavandhan, Urmasikkulam, Keelamathur, M.G.R. Nagar, Mannadimangalam, and Thodaneri. The sub-stations without chapels are Paravai, Paravai Colony, and Mullipallam.